New Laws in 2013
By Jaklitsch Law Group of Jaklitsch Law Group on Monday, December 31, 2012.
New Laws Beginning Jan. 1
• It will be illegal to use, sell or distribute poultry feed that contains arsenic.
• Veterans will be able to note their veteran status on a driver’s license.
• Prince George’s County animal control plans to release feral cats that have been trapped, vaccinated and neutered within 72 hours of being impounded, rather than potentially euthanize them. The cats that have been caught and released can be identified by a quarter-inch cut on their left ear.
• Insurance companies that offer fire insurance have to disclose whether a policy covers earthquake damage and if it does not, whether earthquake insurance is available from the insurer.
• Governments will not be permitted to require residents to hand over private property for private benefit, to increase jobs, to increase tax revenue or otherwise promote economic development.