Associate Matt Trollinger is the newest addition to the Jaklitsch Law Group family. He comes to us with more than five years of trial experience as an advocate for the rights of injury victims. He has managed and negotiated personal injury and workers compensation claims for hundreds of clients throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Matt was born and raised in Maryland. He grew up in Damascus (Montgomery County), went to school in Frederick and now resides with his family in Charles County.
When he was just out of law school, Matt served as a Law Clerk at the City of Baltimore Public Defender’s Office. Later, he worked as an associate attorney helping victims of car crashes in southern Maryland and the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
Super Lawyers recognized Matt as a “Rising Star” in 2014. In 2011, he was also named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, an honor extended to America’s top young trial attorneys who focus on criminal defense or civil plaintiff work. He is a member of the Charles County, Prince George’s County and Maryland State Bar Associations as well as the Maryland Association for Justice and The National Trial Lawyers.
Matt earned his law degree at Regent University in Virginia Beach, Va. He is a graduate of the International Law & Human Rights Program in Strasbourg, France and has studied abroad at Oxford University, Hertford College in Oxford, England. He received his undergraduate degree from Grove City College in Pennsylvania where he competed competitively on the men’s swimming and diving team as well as the men’s water polo team. In his free time, Matt coaches youth swimming with the Potomac Raiders Youth Swim Club in southern Maryland.
Honors and Awards:
- NAOPIA Top Ten Under 40 in Maryland – Selected to Top Ten Under 40 in Maryland by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys. NAOPIA is an organization devoted to recognizing the top Personal Injury attorneys in the nation. Fewer than 1% of attorneys in the state of Maryland receive this award., 2014
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization made up of America’s top young trial attorneys. Membership is by invitation only, and is extended exclusively to those individuals who meet stringent qualifications and practice in the areas of criminal defense or civil plaintiff law, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Member, Charles County Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Member, Calvert Bar Association, 2013 — Present
- Member, Prince George’s County Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Member, Maryland Association for Justice, 2011 – Present
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012 – Present
- Maryland State Advisory Committee on the Budget, Worker’s Compensation Commission, 2013- present
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association Negligence and Workers Compensation Section, 2012 – Present